Monday, March 7, 2011

Joy's Of Aging!

I thought I would put something up that pretty much all of us can relate too....getting older! As most of you know I love basketball. Well, we took 1st in our Stake and made it to regions. The final game in stake play a guy lowered his shoulder and ran full speed into the center of my chest. I didn't notice anything until about an hour later when it felt like somebody was stabbing me in my chest. It is almost better, but it still hurts. So this last Saturday was our region game, and the injury wasn't gone but I had to play. I popped a couple of Ibuprophens, and went and played. Man I felt great, and played at 110% to come up short and our region play was over. Well yesterday once I had no pain pills in my system, it was a day of realization that I had over done it. Now my legs, chest, back and calfs are aching.
I guess what I am trying to get at, is that I kind of miss the olden days when I was in shape! When I could play basketball for hours and not be achy, but the harsh reality is it will only get worse as I age. Hmmm, time to get myself back in shape and try to fend off aging as quickly as I can.
Those are my thoughts today, enjoy another day of getting older everyone!!

No comments: