Monday, March 14, 2011

Emergency Preparedness


Thought I would share. After the devastation that recently happened in Japan, I decided it was time to have a discussion on preparedness. For our family home evening tonight we had a talk with the kids about earthquakes. Then we went from room to room and had the kids act as though there was an earthquake and show us where they would go and what they would do. They seemed to catch on pretty quick, and now we have gone over every room in the house and what they should do. Next week we will go over it again, and talk about food storage and probably get involved in straightening the food storage up. I feel that it is important for the kids to understand that an earthquake is something we have been preparing for since I was a kid. I want them to know the seriousness of earthquakes and all I had to do was show them some pictures from the recent devastation in Japan. This is something that has been in the forefront of my mind for a long while, but now I have decided to act on it and get our family a little bit more prepared.
Here is something that I ordered today for our home. Water storage is something that I was having struggles with and I figure this should be good for our family for about 2 months of water. Lots of good stuff to be found online, it's our job to teach our family how to use that information to protect our lives.


1 comment:

Brandi said...

You should have them show me what they've learned! What a good dad you are.